- Species: Terrestrial Patterns
- Stage: Hopper
- Difficulty: Medium
The Madam X is an excellent all-purpose fly pattern. It can imitate hoppers, stoneflies and even spiders when tied in the right colors and this fly tying pattern really seems to get the fish’s attention. Simple in design, but deadly in execution. This fly tying pattern can catch a lot of fish in a day and can also be a great indicator fly when nymphing a 1 or 2 fly set up underneath a dry.
This fly tying video was brought to us by In The Riffle.
Fly Tying Recipe
- Hook: Tiemco 5212
- Hook Size: #8 – 14
- Thread: Hopper Yellow UTC 140
- Tail: Natural Deer Hair
- Body: Hopper Yellow UTC 140
- Wing: Natural Deer Hair
- Head: Natural Deer Hair
- Legs: White Medium Round Rubber Legs
- Stage: Dry Fly
- Imitation: Terrestrial, Attractor
- Sizes: #4 – #16
Premium and Proven Flies
- All flies are hand-tied to each and every order to ensure durability and quality.
- We only sell flies that are tested and proven to catch fish.
Madam X for Sale
Don’t google Madam X without adding the word “fly” to the end…. You just did it didn’t you… Erase those disturbing images from your mind and get focused on catching fish! The Madam X is a great fly with an ambiguous name. The trout love it and it imitates a wide variety of large insects including stoneflies and hoppers. It’s a must have for fly fisherman and it catches a ton of fish for me each and every year. All the fish you catch will help remove the images of searching for Madam X without adding the word “fly”….
This proven pattern is available by the dozen or in our sampler pack sizes which contains a dozen flies divided into equal groups for 3 sizes. It’s an excellent option for those looking to have variety in their fly patterns and the flexibility to fish lots of rivers.
Buy the Madam X
The Madam X is for sale in a variety of sizes. Add them to your cart today by the dozen or by adding a dozen with 3 different sizes (sampler pack) to add variety to your fly box and help you catch more fish on a variety of rivers. Our proven patterns are custom tied to each and every order to make sure the highest quality of fishing flies are delivered to your door.
- Flies are available by the dozen
- Variety Packs available – 4 flies of 3 different sizes
- Tied to Order flies require 15-30 Days for Delivery
- Minimum Order 1 Dozen – Quantity Discounts After 5 Dozen (As Low As $1.00/Fly)
“Catch More Fish | Find New Adventures”
#4, #6, #8, #10, #12, #14, #16, #6 (4), #8 (4), #10 (4), #10 (4), #12 (4), #14 (4), #12 (4), #14 (4), #16 (4)
Black, Olive, Red, Tan, Yellow