- Date: 07/21/2013 09:00 AM – 07/21/2013 01:30 PM
- Section: outflow Wolford Mtn. Resevoir
- Rating: 2/5 Stars
- Author – Jim Connor
Muddy Creek Fly Fishing Report – outflow Wolford Mtn. Resevoir
Description: First time to fish this outflow in CO. Water was clear with floating algae. Weather was mid 80s and clear. Fished downstream of outflow pool. Worked banks and faster waters with dry flies and nymphs. what a blast to hook/catch large rainbows up to 24″. also encountered a significant hatch of Tricos and working midges. Trout were sucking in many of these all over the water.
Check out all of our fly fishing reports for up to date fly fishing information in Colorado.
- Fish Species: Rainbow Trout
- Fish Caught: 10
- Fish Hooked: 6
- Average Fish Size: 17″-20″
- Largest Fish: 24″
- Fish Species: Brown Trout
- Fish Caught: 1
- Fish Hooked: 2
- Average Fish Size: 13″-16″
- Largest Fish: 16″
- Scud: #14 tan
- Mayfly Dry: #16 brown/black Slate drake dun
- Midge Emerger: #20 reddish
Submit Your Fly Fishing Report | Win Free Flies
Join our community and submit a report for Muddy Creek. It’s free and if you fill one out, you’ll be entered to win free flies. You can log a fly fishing report for anything past or recent as long as it’s accurate.
Fly Fishing is Best When Shared – Especially When You Can Win Free Flies