Work with Your Passion
Job Positions and Application Forms
Working with something you love is the most rewarding ways to make a living. If you have a passion for fly fishing, have a passion for helping others learn fly fishing, and are willing to work hard and long hours to make something incredible that others can use to enrich their lives, you have an opportunity with us.
Our company is small, but powerful. We get over 600,000 visitors to our site each year and are growing at over 200% annually. We absolutely love teaching people about things we love and how to find more success fly fishing. We create comprehensive, yet practical content to help fly fishermen in over 5 countries catch more fish and find new adventures. If you are already familiar with us, check out the positions below. If you aren’t, spend a minute browsing our site as we sell courses, flies and memberships that you will be working with on a daily basis.
View Positions and Apply Below
We need experienced fly fishermen who can write engaging and helpful content for our two primary memberships. You get a lot of flexibility on how and when you work, but you must be able to meet deadlines and work very hard. This isn’t an “easy work from home” job, it’s a work hard and smart, get creative and stay motivated job. We often work odd hours of the day to work around our fishing habits, families and other responsibilities in life, but we work extremely hard and often long hours to make the vision come to life.
The vision is to be the most helpful online resource for fly fishing, especially when it comes to fly tying, finding adventures to fish in the West, and learning to catch more fish. If you’re interested, please fill out the form below.
- Set your own schedule
- Work from anywhere (even the river)
- Solid pay based on results only
- Write about what you love
- Help others catch more fish and find new adventures
- Free access to all memberships and courses
- 50% Off all flies and products we sell
- Have to be self-motivated, learn very quickly, work with no supervision and meet deadlines regardless of circumstances
- Experience and knowledge with wordpress, woocommerce, HTML, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Photoshop is a bonus
- Must have a solid knowledge base in either of the article categories mentioned below
- Previous writing experience
- Clever, creative and helpful attitude and tone for content and approach to position
- Must be available for at least 10 hours per week, and be available for training and meetings at odd hours of the day
Fly Explorer Articles
We need experienced fly tyers who have a clever, creative tone that can produce comprehensive information on fly patterns and recipes. If you love fly tying, and want to help build the most complete resource online for fly tying, we have a great mission for you.
Example Article Here – https://thecatchandthehatch.com/euro-cream-dart/
River Explorer Articles
Currently for Colorado only, we need anglers with detailed experience and knowledge of Colorado’s Rivers. We are documenting every river and creek in Colorado that holds fish and adding it to a library to help people find places to fish that fit for their goals, skill level and overall adventure.
Example Article Here – https://thecatchandthehatch.com/boulder-creek-town-section/
How to Apply
Fill out the Form Below with All the Pertinent Information and we will reach out to you to let you know the next steps if there is an opportunity.