An Easier Way to Tie Flies
The Fly Explorer
PRE-SALE – LAUNCHES MARCH 1st, 2017
Buy Now and Get 2 Months Free
Fly Tying Membership
- Full access to entire library (including new releases)
- Traditional and modern patterns for trout
- Customizable filters to help you find and favorite patterns for your tying session
- Timelapse & regular speed HD macro angle videos for any skill level
- Recipe recommendations delivered to your inbox every week
- Access from any device
- Mark recipes as favorites and find for later use
- Detailed information around each fly so you can learn to fish them better
$29.99/year (75% Off Annual)
An Easier Way to Find Patterns
Use Our Filters to help you choose the perfect fly for your tying session
Our fly tying filters allow you to customize your results better than google, youtube or any other fly tying site. See all the filters we offer below and imagine the possibilities.
Match the right stage to the fly pattern and tie more intelligently filtering by nymphs, emergers, dries, spinners or streamers.
There are over 12 major insect categories and several baitfish and crustacean/invertebrates that are important to fish we target on the fly. Use this filter to find the right food source to imitate.
Find the fly patterns by easy, medium and hard difficulty to make sure you tie patterns you can actually make look good.
Seasons are huge in fly fishing and matching patterns to the right season helps you stock your box correctly. Use the filter to find the right patterns for whatever season you’re targeting.
If you’re looking for a color to match, use our color selector to find flies that work in that color range
Use this filter to focus on flies for rivers vs stillwater
Targeting a certain species? Find a good pattern for Carp, trout, bonefish, redfish and more.
It sucks when you spend 30 minutes to tie a fly you thought would take 5. Tie patterns based on the time it takes to tie them so you can set your productivity and output for the night. This is an especially useful filter when you’re tying the night before a trip and need to budget your time.
An Easier Way to Watch Videos
Premium Tying Videos for All Skill Levels
Our videos are top quality shot with HD macro video lenses to show details for every step and are made by fly tyers, for fly tyers. We include timelapse videos at the beginning of the recipe so advanced tyers can get what they need quickly, and then we slow it down step by step to show exactly what we did for newer tyers just learning the pattern.
We Here is an example video to show the quality and detail.
Whats Included on Each Page
- Pictures of the Fly: Different colors, angles or the insect the fly imitates is posted as pictures on the page to give you further creative abilities to tie and variate off the pattern shown.
- Material Lists: A tying recipe is written out showing our recommendation for materials to use for the specific pattern.
- Tips and Details: A description of the pattern and why it works is provided as well as some helpful tips for fishing the pattern.
What’s Included on Each Video?
- Quality Video & Audio: No more blurry, messy sound tying videos. We provide 1080p macro angle videos and crisp audio narrated by the soothing voice of Allen Gardner
- Step by Step Instructions: We provide a regular speed version that you can start and stop and follow along including each and every step so you never get lost.
- Timelapse Speed: For advanced tyers, a quick timelapse of the pattern is all you need to get the gist and start tying. We provide a timelapse up front at the beginning of the video so you can maximize your time and keep tying.
- No Music: Nearly everyone ties to music, so instead of putting music in our videos, we let you choose your own soundtrack and just stick to the audio instructions.
An Easier Way to Find New Patterns
Get Inspired with tying recommendations delivered to Your Inbox Each Week
It can be hard to just sit down at the vice and pick a pattern. Often times we get stuck just getting started. Our weekly recommendations will keep you motivated and engaged trying patterns that are curated to help you improve your tying skills and tie patterns that work.