We spend so much time learning what flies to choose on the river, but the most important part of fly selection is having the right flies in your box before you even get on the water.
Learn to craft the perfect fly box for any occasion so you can always have the right fly and catch more fish.
Primarily a course for organizing trout flies for rivers and lakes. This course works well for any fly box, but all examples and recommendations will be around trout.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Learn the best fly boxes to own for each scenario
- Understand all the methods of organizing flies
- Learn the best process to craft your fly box perfectly every time
- See the exact boxes, flies, sizes, colors and quantities we use in our box
- Learn how to plan for any situation on the water
- Learn about insect lifecycles, seasonality, and planning for different bodies of water
YOU’LL ALSO GET:
- Two, 50% off coupons for any flies or assortments on our site
- 50% Off our Catch n’ Hatch Fly Boxes
- An Downloadable PDF for offline Viewing
- Downloadable spreadsheet of my fly boxes, fly by fly
- Downloadable spreadsheet template for creating your fly box
- Lifetime access to the course including future updates
- One, 50% Off Coupon for Any of Our Other Courses
Intro | 4 Lessons | Conclusion
In the introduction we explain the unique importance around this highly overlooked skill set for fly fishing. We discuss all the components that are available in the course as well as the coupon codes and freebies available in the course.
In this lesson, we discuss all the options, pros and cons available to purchase a fly box. Learn which fly boxes work best for certain situations so you can have the best boxes for you flies.
In lesson two, we discuss all the different methods available when organizing your fly box. We go over the framework you need to learn in order to correctly craft your fly box with the right flies for the right situations using the right hierarchy of decisions.
Now that you’ve learned all the methods and options available in lesson 2, we now go over our recommended process in lesson 3. We also go over a large amount of entomology information here teaching the 13 categories and 1-4 stages each insect goes through. We also go over all major species of insects and hatch times so you know what insects you need for each season and can craft the perfect fly box that covers all of your bases.
In lesson four, we go over every single fly box we use and break down every fly pattern, size, color and quantity in each of those boxes so you have a super in-depth set of examples. We also include some excel spreadsheets to create your own fly box lists and get organized as you craft your fly boxes.
In the conclusion, we go over a four step process to create any fly box now that you’ve learned the framework, methods and seen our examples. We also discuss a few important concepts and ideas that really connect this knowledge back into a strategy that helps you catch the most fish possible every time you’re on the water.